May 17, 2011

Best BBQ rub - ever

Who loves grilling?

If your answer is "I do, I do!" you will need to make this rub the next time you are thinking about chicken on the grill.

I found this recipe a few years ago and it is PERFECT.  Delicious.  Perfect.

Quick Barbecue Chicken                              
(Cooking Light, Sept. 2008)

I quadruple the recipe and keep the extra in a jar for later!

1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
Olive oil
Chicken (I like boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but you could use anything.)

Mix all the ingredients thoroughly with a whisk in a medium bowl.

Cover the chicken with a light layer of olive oil.

Sprinkle the seasoning liberally over the chicken on all sides.

Grill OR cook in a smidgeon of olive oil in a skillet until chicken is done, turning chicken to cook on both sides.

Yum, yum, yum!

1 comment:

  1. Is this the same as the one for the pork tenderloin? It's good, and I still have some I mixed up in a bottle. Yum...the meal looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...