December 13, 2010

O! Christmas Tree!

Last Sunday, Todd and I went to the mountains to get our Christmas tree.

This is one of my most favorite things to do!

I love packing snacks, hiking around, and hunting for the perfect tree. I take this part very seriously.  The tree must speak to me.  I mean, really scream, "Ooooh!  Pick me!  Pick me!!  I'm your tree!"

At this point on the trip we were pretty far out of town - where are the trees...?


Oh...there they are!  Behind that cloud...


We got back into the woods and this is what areas of the road looked like...


Todd with the tree pre-chop...


Me lovin' on our tree before it comes home with us...


Our tree post-chop...


A tuckered out puppy from running in the woods...


Todd wrestling with lights, which begs the question: In a day and age where we send folks to the moon and all sorts of other high-tech things, why must you be a master electrician in order to put Christmas lights up...?


The ornaments for hangin'...


Todd hanging decorations...


The angel going on top...


Voila! Our decorated beauty!  Todd and I took Rigby for a walk tonight and we checked out the trees in other people's homes.  We definitely have one of the best, if not THE best tree in the neighborhood...!


Another successful tree year!

1 comment:

  1. Todd and Kimberly...you did a great job on the tree. It's gorgeous. Todd...still wish I could have been there to tease you about getting light frustration..haha. It looks great.Boy that drift looked horrible to try to get through. That tree knew you wouldn't go any further, so was waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...