July 14, 2008

Saloon-less Cowgirl

I had to get all cowgirled out tonight for another Cheyenne Frontier Days activity - getting my press credentials. Pretty much everything I do for the next two weeks is going to require me being "cowgirled" out.

After a couple beers at the BB-Q my team decided they were all going to leave. I didn't want to be stuck there with nobody to talk to, so I packed it up as well. What I really wanted though, was to go out. The problem was, I didn't know where to go - and to a lesser extent had nobody to go with. Essentially, I was a cowgirl all dressed up with no saloon to go to.

I decided to drive downtown and check out a place I'd seen called the Cheyenne Club. I got myself parked and was about to get out of the car when I noticed a "For Lease" sign in the window.

Drat.

By this time I was starting to feel sorry for myself. In D.C. I could call up any number of folks who would go for a drink at a drop of a cowboy hat. But I'm too new here for that.

I checked out a couple divy places as I drove along and decided on DT's, which boasted an outdoor patio. I pulled in, walked past a couple toothless drunks on the steps outside, and settled in to the perfect divy bar, complete with a sad country song playing on the sound system.

I ordered a Jack and diet and was promptly told by the bartender it was a cash only bar, the last of which I had given to the CFD Public Relations Committee for my credentials.

Crap. What's a cowgirl gotta do to get a Jack and diet around here?

I walked past the same toothless drunks to my car.
As I pulled around the corner, gazing at the dancing pink elephant above the bar, I noticed the sign... KARAOKE?!?! I have been searching for a karaoke spot in Cheyenne!!




The trip wasn't for nothin' after all!

Feeling much better, I made my way to the lounge at The Plains Hotel where I have been unabashedly logging on to the Internet.

And here I sit.

With a double Jack and diet.

1 comment:

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...