July 1, 2008

Not D.C. Specific

So, it turns out no matter where I am, I'm not immune to theft. Even in Wyoming.

Yesterday, when I was loading a bunch of stuff in my car to take to my new apartment, I noticed the area around my hitch was unusually vacant. I've become so accustomed to taking extra large steps around the hitch to avoid knocking my shins that I barely notice I'm doing it anymore.

After a few trips to the car it dawned on me that I was taking my usual precautions for no good reason. Yep, the ball and receiver on my hitch were gone. Stolen, is the only conclusion I can draw.

I was mad - oh, beyond mad! Like, I could hardly take a breath mad! I just can NOT understand why 1) people can't keep their hands to themselves, and 2) why this continually happens to me - even in Wyoming!

Of all things that could be stolen here hitch parts make the most sense. I mean, if my whole car went missing in Wyoming I would be completely flabbergasted. But a hitch? Well, that just seems to fit.

That doesn't make me feel better though. I don't typically hold grudges, but in this case I do wish with all my heart that what goes around comes around and whoever took my stuff will get theirs.

As Tyler said, I'm just a magnet for theft I guess.

Don't ask me why, because I certainly don't have the answer myself.

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo weird. The karma isn't evening out - you definitely don't deserve this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how random an item to take. They must of had needed it to pull their horse trailer to the rodeo! They probably thought your little car didn't need it now that you moved already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - Thank you, thank you, thank you for this blog. I am sitting in the middle of airport hell and this actually made me laugh out loud despite my foul mood and being surrounded by a dozen 21-year-olds getting trashed in the airport bar. They are soldiers though, so they are forgiven!! Regardless, your theft karma is worse than my flying karma. For your sake, I hope those evil thieves, who apparently followed you from DC, damaged the hitch when they stole it and the trailer carrying your bike, purse(s) and other assorted items careened off the highway at top speed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...