September 22, 2010

Bagel boo hoo


My mouth right now? Watering.

Just looking at the photo of the bagel with cream cheese and lox - and onion, tomato and capers - makes me salivate.

It is one of my absolute favorite meals.  I don't eat it a lot because I'd be the shape of a bagel, but every now and then I simply have to have one of these sandwiches.

Today was that day.  It was the first time I've wanted this meal since moving to Casper and I didn't know where to go.  I decided First Street Bakery sounded like a good bet.

But I was wrong.

The gal behind the counter told me they've had other people request it as well, but they don't serve it because "salmon doesn't keep."  Well, none of the things you make there does!  I didn't say that, instead I asked her if she knew of another place that carried it.

She didn't.

I ordered a different breakfast sandwich and promptly called around to other places when I got home.  Nobody seems to offer my bagel!  

I'm starting to panic.  How can I live in a town with no lox sandwich??

Can I make my own?  Sure.  But like I said, I don't eat bagels all the time, so it would be a wasteful to buy them and the cream cheese. 

I've submitted my question to the Answer Girl at the local paper hoping she will know where I can find my sandwich.  I've also emailed First Street Bakery to suggest they add it to their menu and have encouraged others to do the same.  

What more can I do?  

Make my own for now.  Hopefully I won't have to do this for long!

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Mmmm... the DOES look good.

    I felt this way in Florida this summer while I was visiting my parents. For whatever reason, Florida has two kinds of restaurants. It has fast food and it has super-fancy. It has NOTHING in between.

    Each day when I'd just like a nice lunch salad I'd come up empty handed (unless I wanted to spend $30 on it... which I didn't).

    I hope that you're able to find your sandwich. If not, come here. We have them everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...