July 3, 2009

Girls gone "wild"

I'm spending the weekend in Vail, Colo., with Carrie and some of her friends, and while we just checked in to an amazing condo, last night was spent in a tent.

This wasn't just any ol' tent. It was Tom's Tent at 4 Eagle Ranch in Wolcott just outside Vail.

I was initially afraid it was going to be more like "glamping" (glamorous camping) than camping, but it was a little more rustic than I expected. And I got to use my new sleeping bag for the first time! It performed perfectly.

We all had a fun night - in spite of the downpour we had to put up with.

The tent...


Inside the tent. Carrie and I shared the bed, and Kate and Alley each had a blow up mattress. Kate, in the pic, was a rockstar at getting a fire in the stove there started...


A little sink, a propane stove and some other necessities - like the wine Carrie is drinking...


Carrie and Kate by our "cooler"...


Our "cooler"...


A marshmallow stick (every time I say "marshmallow stick" I think of the new Lady Gaga song about a disco stick...) I whittled down with my pocket knife that was a bridesmaid gift from Jonna...


The view of the mountains from the main ranch building...


Holy crap...country dancing!! I went country swinging more on the East Coast than I have since being back West! The 4-Eagle started up this country dance night a couple months ago. There's some real tasty looking food, a live band, a bar, and a dance floor. What more could a person need??


And tonight we're in a kicka$$ condo in Bachelor Gulch over looking all of Vail Valley. There'll be pics of that to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...