July 26, 2009

Frontier Days finale

Today is the official last day of Frontier Days, but my last day was after the rodeo on Wednesday. That's because Jonna and I left Thursday morning for Lamar, Colo., for Linds H.'s little sister's wedding.

On my last day at CFD I was assigned to the photo pit, which is literally a cement bunker in the middle of the arena. It's a cool place for photographer's to go because they get awesome close up shots they couldn't get elsewhere. I took advantage of a few shots myself.

Here are my last shots of this year's Frontier Days rodeo:

Inside the pit...


I absolutely love this photo. It turned out way more cool than I thought it was going to! Click on it to check it out. Doesn't it kind of look like the horse and rider are getting beamed up by aliens...?


Getting close...!


Galloping close by the pit...


Click on this photo and check out the arch on the horse's neck. I think it's cool...


He's looking right at us! haha...


A dramatic fly-off...


I am really happy with this photo and recommend clicking on it to get all the detail. I love the horse arched over the fallen cowboy...


You can get some great shots of the timed events because they many times skid to a halt right in front of you. A steer wrestler...


Check out the vertical on this guy!


The Wild Horse Race is the last event each day. First one up on a wild horse who can go around the track once, wins...

And there you have it. Frontier Days 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...