May 16, 2009

Crazy serenity

I love having a schedule full of events. Even if I don't end up doing something on my calendar, I like to have it there just in case.

This is one of those weekends where I have a million things planned. And I want to do them all. It was a jam-packed day today and I'm tired, but I can't miss the fun things going on tomorrow, so I'm going to do it all again.

Today was the first "work day" for Frontier Days. They have several of these work days scheduled for all the volunteers to help get the park ready for the big event. I spent four hours cleaning, raking a million pounds of pine needles, helping a man I saw fall off a ladder at the PR committee house, and enjoying the BBQ they fed us all after. The man who fell was lucky. I think his shoulder's pretty jacked, and his face was scraped up, but at least he was conscious and kicking. The paramedics hauled him away...

After that, Molly and I hit up a disappointing garden festival at the depot, took a neat (but a little over the top) Cheyenne trolley tour since it's Laramie County appreciation weekend for residents, went antiquing, got more potting soil at Home Depot, did a whirlwind cleaning of the back patio for a building BBQ I organized, then got showered and had the BBQ with my neighbors.

Whew!

I took pictures of a lot of it, but at this point I just want to focus on this peaceful scene: From my walk downtown first thing this a.m. to get my bike. It's JUST like the pics you see of the cherry blossoms in D.C.

Compare:

D.C. ... (I'm too tired to search for my own pic so I found one online...)


Cheyenne...the Wyoming State Capitol... (This one IS mine.)

2 comments:

  1. good pictures, it's like having your old home and your new home rolled all into one! :) Did you hear any more about the injured ladder man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, the picture is great! I love the comparison you did. I wonder about the guy on the ladder, too. Sounds like you had a full day, but fun. You must have gotten a lot done on your garden, to have had a barbecue. We tried to call you back this evening after we got back from Indiana, because saw you had called our phones, but no answer on your end. Stacey, glad you all got back ok from Dodge City.

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...