April 28, 2008

Karaoke Kraziness

Last week was National Karaoke Week and I think I did my part in celebrating.

Here's a brief recap of the week's festivities...

MONDAY: I was supremely tired from birthday-partying it up, having Apes visit, and a trip to Colorado Springs to see my parents, and there was nothing more I wanted to do than go to bed. But I didn't! Ohhhh, no! I drug myself to Finnegan's in Avon, bellied up to the bar, ordered a beer and veggie burger and turned in a song.

The karaoke D.J., the Sandman, has known who I am since basically the first night I was in town. Tyler, Carrie and I went to Finnegan's to celebrate my arrival on a Monday and, of course, I got up on stage. Having the D.J. know me is something I'm not sure I should be proud of or embarrassed about. In D.C., I would have given ANYTHING for the karaoke D.J. to know who I was so I could get past the line of eager singers and up on stage on more time. In a small mountain town...? I'm trying to avoid being "that girl." I think it's too late.

I sang two songs at Finnegan's and headed home with promises to The Sandman I would see him Wednesday.

WEDNESDAY: The Unintentional Camper came to town to support my addiction with an evening at Loaded Joe's in Avon. He had never been to a place that was only about karaoke and, according to him, thoroughly enjoyed it. (Most of my D.C. friends know how to handle me when I get a karaoke craving. He is still fresh blood...)

Not only did the UC join me, but the kitchen store manager and her husband apparently stayed up well past their bedtime to hang out with us at the bar. And Ryan and Pat joined us a little later for a quick drink and to watch a song or two.

I would count Wednesday as a very successful night.

So successful that I decided I should go out on a high note, so to speak, and I didn't hit Paddy's Friday night as planned.

I did, however, sing in my car and the shower, both of which I think count.

Song list for the week:

Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
Sin Wagon - The Dixie Chicks
Let 'Er Rip - The Dixie Chicks
Heaven Is a Place on Earth - Belinda Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...