April 16, 2008

Finish Line (Or, Take THAT, Altitude!)

Today I ran a 5k - or 3.1 miles - NONSTOP! Did you hear that Altitude?! Non. Stop.

That's right, Altitude. You didn't get the better of me this time.

It might not have been my fastest time ever, but there was no pausing to catch my breath (after 15 minutes, and seriously thinking about it after seven) or throwing in the towel (after 20 minutes).

I ran the whole darn time, and you, Altitude, didn't bring me down (huh, kind of an oxymoron...).

I realize it might seem a little pathetic for me to get so super excited about running three measly miles, but with day after day of work out struggles, frustration and disappointment this is a big deal. Huge, in fact.

I was only on the treadmill, which I normally hate, but which I might start to like again. I think the treadmill might help train me up to running...outside. Ok, that's crazy sounding.

But not when it means getting me ready to run the Boulder Boulder, which I REALLY want to do.

I was so proud today because I basically ran half a Boulder Boulder. It was no Cherry Blossom 10-miler, which I was supposed to run a few weeks ago, but it's a start.

And, if I keep this up, hopefully a good finish. But I'll take just a finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...