July 10, 2011

Semi normal operations

As you know, we've been going to town on the house with renovations.  Over the last couple of weeks we've made some major leaps toward being civilized!

Namely, we have appliances.

Beautiful, hooked up, working appliances that are all located in the kitchen and not in the living or dining rooms.  

Ok...we still have one major appliance in our living room.  I have to get it cleaned out to post on Craigslist...



And the hood for the new stove is in that cardboard box next to the old fridge. Once that is moved out we will be appliance free in the living room!


Let's take a look at all our beautiful appliances...


Todd readying the new dish washer...



When the drywall went up in the kitchen it wreaked havoc on the dishes in there.  This is only a tip of the iceberg...




No more dish pan hands...!


Thank you new dishwasher for coming into my life.  I love you forever...




Next, the thing that helps turn my clean dishes dirty...


I mean the stove, not Todd, though he certainly has a hand in dirtying dishes...




It's a convection oven.  I've never cooked with convection before.  I had to do some serious reading up on how to use it and why I would want to.  Turns out, it is wonderful for cooking certain things certain ways.  That fan blows the heated air around to help food cook more quickly and evenly.  It will make the outsides crisp while keeping the inside juicy.  I've never made better french "fries" before..."



Todd hooking up the gas line...



Drum roll, please...



And let there be light...!  





Oh, happy, happy day!  A WORKING stove and oven and it's GAS! I hate electric stoves. Gas is the only way to go.  And anything but the Fabulous 400 is totally the way to go!  Even electric...




The last lovely appliance. Our nice, extra-large fridge...



I'm still not sure what I think about the freezer being down below. I mean, I like how much space it gives us up above, but it's kind of annoying to have to dig around all bent over...




So, the kitchen is getting there.


All we need now are the cabinets back in!


One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...