November 17, 2008

Round, Round, Get Around - I Get Around

In D.C., it is easier and most times necessary to just walk everywhere.

In Wyoming it is not. Everything here is too spread out and there isn't a major transit system in town to take you where you want to go.

But I still do it. Particularly since I don't live that far from downtown or my office. Walking just seems logical to me.

Friends here have commented or asked about my desire to, "just walk there." I get a lot of "Crimeny, Kim," or "Why do you want to walk everywhere?" Well, because getting in a car to drive three blocks doesn't register in my brain.

I was thinking about all this on my walk home from work tonight. When I would normally be one of hundreds walking after work, I was one of, well maybe the only one, walking that wasn't headed to a car.

Admittedly, walking doesn't always work out for me like I hope it to. I always start my morning with the goal to walk to work that day, but usually only accomplish it on my way back from lunch. That's because walking makes the most sense when you aren't perpetually late for work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...