March 10, 2008

On the Road - Day 6

I have to do a little backtracking. I skipped Day 6 previously because, well, I was really tired that night. Then Day 7 was all about unpacking the U-Haul and I thought that deserved coverage first.

So, Day 6.

It was a little slower. Just hanging out with Linds H. and her baby (who I had yet to meet) in Laramie.

We hit up Jeffrey's, a favorite lunch spot for us, and lounged around the house. After the bad weather getting there the night before, it was nice to kind of lounge (and ignore the 100 lb. gorilla in the driveway, a.k.a. the U-Haul).

That night we went to see Barack Obama at the Arena Auditorium on campus. This will not become a political blog, and I won't spend much time on this. I do want to note, however, that even though I belong to a different camp it was neat to see him in little ol' Wyoming. The history lover in me couldn't pass up the chance to see a presidential candidate in the very town I happened to be in. So I went.

Afterwards, Linds H., Apes and I went to Altitude for some apps and beer. I can NOT get over how cheap everything is here!! It's like living in a wonderland. I'm sure that will all be over when I get to Vail, however.

Another thing I can't believe is that I live here, well not here as in Laramie, but here as in the west, again. Linds H. and I would be driving around and mid-conversation I would yell out, "I can't believe I live here!" It's hard not to think that I'm just on vacation.

I feel nicer out here too. I don't think I'm a mean person by any stretch, but, for example, I didn't want to ram the back end of the guy who pulled into a spot I should have had at the Safeway. I did wonder at his behavior, but I didn't have the urge to walk up to him and address his behavior like I would have in D.C. (We'll see if this lasts. I will continue to monitor my reactions in situations like this and come to a better conclusion later in the blog.)

So, that's it. Day 6 was fairly uneventful. But nice. Like me. Apparently.

1 comment:

  1. Ironic that mention you couldn't pass up the chance to see a presidential candidate in the town you were in...ummm, you lived in a town full of them not too long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...