May 12, 2013

Sunshine and sunbonnets

We have been sooooo cooped up...

But no more!  Nice weather is here and I think it's here to stay!

What a gorgeous weekend we had!  Finally, finally, we have been able to spend some real, solid time outside.  Sure, there have been walks, runs, a handful of nice days here and there, but this weekend was the start to some serious outdoor time.

I made sure Rosie spent basically as much time outside as I did.  Since her arrival in November, I can pretty confidently say she knows exactly what each of the rooms in our house is like.  She's seen it all!  It's time she started learning about the great outdoors.

I found her a couple cute new sun hats over the weekend and Saturday afternoon she donned one of them and helped me plant some flowers...


Are you familiar with Sunbonnet Sue?  The old quilt pattern?  I have a Sunbonnet Sue quilt from when I was a little girl.  I think Rosie looks like a Sunbonnet Sue in the photo above.  Compare Rosie to the pattern here...


I also think it's quite appropriate that Rosie is playing with her giant ladybug while helping her mama garden!

Here she is modeling her new, cute hat...


We didn't spend as much time outside today.  She did, however, get some experience with lying in the grass.  She seemed to really love it.  She stayed very still and relaxed for quite some time.  I love how loung-y she looks...


Her legs, which are ALWAYS moving, were still - for several minutes...


Todd said I needed to move her around so she could mow the yard...


The poor dogs have been particularly cooped up.  They've done a number on our yard - brown spots, dead spots, bald spots - and Todd has worked hard to try to fix it.  This means the dogs have been quarantined to the house or the back "yard" which they hate.  Yard is in quotes because in its current state it can hardly be considered a yard.  It's just concrete.  No wonder they hate going back there and love to lounge like this instead.  Oh, Lulu...


Not to be outdone, here's Rigby posing for his lounge lizard shot...


Everyone is enjoying our nice weather!  

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh...what a refresher. I love working in the dirt and seeing the results!!! I'll have to send you a picture of the flowers here. Everyone looks so relaxed, and I'm sure you enjoyed your planting and family time outside. You guys have had such a long winter. I love Rosie loving the grass and outdoors. Can't wait to find her some little gardening tools and cute gloves to help Grandma:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...