August 14, 2009

Out of stock

I got several comments on the "How much is the doggie in the window" post encouraging me to go back and spring ol' Ray Romano from the clink.

Out of curiosity I just called the animal shelter to see if he was still available...

He was adopted LAST NIGHT!

I don't know if I should be happy he was adopted by someone, or sad that someone wasn't me.

I'm thinking...maybe Ray Romano was like the outfit in a window you fall in love with and run in to buy, but wish you had never bought once you get it home. (Ok, I'm telling myself this to cheer up.)

To stick with the shopping metaphor: I sadly scrolled through the shelter's catalog of available dogs thinking none of them would compare to Ray when I saw this...

This little 4-month-old girl's name is Tomato! She has three sisters and one brother. Apparently, they are a border collie/heeler mix.

I don't know anything about a heeler, but darn it if she isn't freaking cute!

Back to the store!

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP! You should have taken that doggy in the window. Layla would have been all over play dates with him! What a cool dog. Sorry you missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOMATO! How perfect! Your own little garden IN home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...