June 17, 2008

Big Day

I had my first interview today in Cheyenne since beginning my job search.

The funny thing is - I'm starting to really see myself there. I never, when starting this crazy adventure (or even until just a few weeks ago), would have said or thought Cheyenne (or Wyoming for that matter) might be a potential place for me to land right now.

Not because I dislike either Cheyenne or Wyoming - I'm quite the Wyoming cheerleader - it's just not the vision I had for myself.

But things don't always go the way you think they might. Of course, I have yet to be offered anything from the organization, so we'll just have to wait and see if this is where I'll be or not.

Until then, just a couple pictures from the ol' state capitol...

Ah...to see a dome-shaped building again! Ha.


The legs on the horse in this sign move. There was a car behind me so I don't have an action shot.

On the pass between Cheyenne and Laramie...wait, Lincoln Monument?? Where am I?


Ok, what does Lincoln have to do with Wyoming or I-80, you ask? Good question. So good that hundreds of people who have passed by it hundreds of times don't really know. So, I Wikipediad it. Turns out the Lincoln Highway, or "The Main Street Across America," was the first transcontinental highway. The idea was thought up by a guy named Carl Fisher and one of his heroes was ol' Abe. The place where the monument is located just so happens to be the highest point on all of I-80, so that's why the statue is there.

Who knew?

Ok, this is maybe a tad bit creepy...



Anyway, my big day ended with beers and watching Battlestar Galactica with my old friend Jonah. This isn't really Wyoming related, but somehow it so is.

3 comments:

  1. I've always thought that Lincoln bust was kind of creepy, but not as bad as Christ of the Ozarks - I want to see that one so bad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you will find out today or tomorrow whether you will be living in Cheyenne. Good luck on the job. I remember the statue of Abe, and had read about it a long time ago, when we lived in Gillette. Kelly, that link is interesting, and yes, that statue is creepy. Abe's head does look creepy on top of that block, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SOOOO JEALOUS! FIND ME A PLACE TO LIVE TOO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...